Thursday, June 26, 2008

Credit Card Ban Lifted




Finally, credit cards have been accepted again at petrol stations. Below is the news taken from The Star Online.

GEORGE TOWN: Some of the 200-odd petrol stations here have started to reaccept credit cards from motorists as a method of payment after a “stand-off” of more than 15 hours.

Shell petrol station operator Seraz Ahmad, 45, said he started to accept credit card payments from motorists at his station in Jalan Mesjid Negri after being advised by the petroleum company at about noon yesterday.

“I am glad to put the matter behind me as many of my customers have complained about the move. I hope an amicable solution will be found to resolve our problem of earning less profit following the recent fuel price hike.”

A check on Penang Island also revealed that Caltex and Petronas petrol stations have started reaccepting credit card payments but not Esso and Mobil.


-- i'm glad to hear this news, and hope it won't happen again. The move by these petrol stations is not unwise, why put the burden on customers? It's funny to see Malaysia as a develop nation but unable to use a plastic on fuel.



No comments:

Update of Me

Time has passed since I last visited. I've been so preoccupied with other things that I've forgotten about this blog. Many things ha...