Thursday, February 12, 2009

Malacca


On the 26th January, me and my wife was on our way back from my hometown and decided to stop by at Malacca. It was still in the early morning and because the day was a public holiday, not many people was seen on the streets.

As we were just wandering around the Malacca town, I decided to check on Banda Hilir. I drove my car straight towards the Straits of Malacca when I saw a bridge leading to a piece of land that was built on the straits itself. Me and my wife never been there and our exploration lead us to a mosque built on the sea. It was a beautiful sight and the wind was quite strong.



After that, we drove towards Menara Taming Sari situated near Dataran Pahlawan. Before reaching Menara Taming Sari, we had our breakfast at a Padang restaurant under a bridge. From the restaurant, we could see the famous Eye on Malaysia that was previously situated in KL but now has been shifted to Malacca. It was around 8.15 am and I could see the wheel was spinning.


At first we wanted to board the Menara Taming Sari but the signboard says that the operation only starts at 10 a.m. Menara Taming Sari offers a breathtaking view from 80 meters up. The admission price is RM20 for adults and RM10 for children under 12 years old. (http://www.menaratamingsari.com/).

No comments:

Update of Me

Time has passed since I last visited. I've been so preoccupied with other things that I've forgotten about this blog. Many things ha...