Friday, July 09, 2010

ESQ is HARAM?

I saw the headlines in Berita Harian, one of Malaysian's main newspaper.

Mufti Wilayah Persekutuan isytihar modul motivasi seleweng akidah, syariat Islam

KUALA LUMPUR: Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan mengharamkan modul program motivasi anjuran ESQ Leadership Center Sdn Bhd (ESQ) yang sudah disertai lebih 65,000 orang termasuk orang kenamaan, tokoh agama dan korporat serta pegawai kerajaan kerana ajarannya didapati menyeleweng daripada akidah dan syariat Islam.

Google translation reads like this :-
Federal Territory Mufti declared motivation module not according to Islamic faith

KUALA LUMPUR: Federal Territory Islamic Religious Council is to ban module motivational program organized by ESQ Leadership Center Sdn Bhd (ESQ), which had been attended by more than 65.000 people including dignitaries, religious leaders and corporate and government officials because of his doctrine of faith and found to deviate from the tenets of Islam


I've heard about this ESQ training when they came to my office to do a promotion. One of the trainers came and did a demo version of their training on us. I do not have much to comment except I feel the trainer's way to convince us a bit strange and won't have any effect on me, I've heard the fees is quite expensive. I do not know the exact fees amount but for sure it's more than RM 50 for the whole session.

I've known few friends who attended the ESQ training.

No comments:

Update of Me

Time has passed since I last visited. I've been so preoccupied with other things that I've forgotten about this blog. Many things ha...