

I visited MAHA 2010 during weekdays and it’s still full of people. First of all for those of you who do not know what MAHA is, it is Malaysia’s leading agricultural show. It is one of the largest show in South East Asia and some say maybe in Asia. It is being held currently at MAEPS (Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang) and MAEPS is inside UPM (Universiti Putra Malaysia), Serdang.
I have never ever been to this MAHA and being someone who’s not interested in agriculture, it’s just of being a driver to my wife and both my parents. This changed once I entered the Exhibition Hall. There were plenty of agricultural products to choose and my interest is on their food product. I bought homemade chocolates, chips and some traditional cookies in modern packaging. The price was okay. I bought pepperoni and salami local products which is cheap, 3 product for RM 10 compated to the usual price of RM 5.99.
This exhbition is so large with 4 big halls (it was really huge) with the Agro Bazaar at Hall D being my interest as it sells food products. Those 4 halls are only one of the area at MAHA. The other area are State Pavillion, Fishery showground, Vegetable showground and Floriculture showground. Between the Big Halls area and the State Pavillion and showground, we need to take the available FREE trams as it will cut down walking time.
One of my first cousin has an exhibition booth at Hall C. She deals with organic fertilizers. For those who wanted to visit this MAHA, I do recommend you to visit during weekdays, even weekdays there were so many visitors. Weekends are so packed up with people and according to my cousin, people who arrive at 10 am at the Halls actually arrived and parked their cars around 7 am. For those who parked their car within the MAEPS area could catch the Free Trams to the Exhbition Hall. During weekend, you can park up at UPM parking area and catch the Free Shuttle Bus. I don’t know the exact distance but I do think its more than 2 KM from MAEPS. Visit the MAHA official site here for more information. Oh yes, MAHA started on the 26th November 2010 and will end on the 5th December 2010. Opening time is at 10.00 am and closing time is at 10.00 pm. Entrance is free, Tram Ride is Free.
I forgot something, the air conditioner inside the halls are cool and provides relief from the heat outside and the toilets inside the halls are big and clean as well.

The congested traffic leading to MAHA (Weekdays).

Lining Up to board the free transportation at MAHA

Inside one of the exhibition Hall. It was a relief as the air conditioner is functioning properly.
No comments:
Post a Comment