Thursday, December 16, 2010

Maxis Wireless Broadband


I registered my Maxis Wireless Broadband at 4.30 pm today at Maxis Center, Giant Shah Alam and was told the earliest my internet would be activated was 3 hours, the latest will be 24 hours. I reached home at 5.30 pm and just tried the usb modem and to my surprise it had already been activated. I received the blue light connection which is 3G, which is fast for me. Few of my friends had been using this BB and I had tried their Maxis BB before, the speed is reasonable.

Here is the result of Maxis BB inside my bedroom using speedtest. I received almost the same speed for my 512KBPs Streamyx package, which is for me is quite good. I don't download movies, only MP3's and sometimes You Tube. There's always some friends out there who would copy for me movies they downloaded, or I'll sometimes ask them to find titles for me.

I took the Lite 1.5GB Package although the Maxis girl told me to go to at least 3GB but when I told her I already had Streamyx, she stop persuading me for the higher package. This mobile BB is purely for mobility especially when I'm travelling or when my office's network is slow or with limited connectivity.

My neighbour works with a company that handles Maxis and Celcom project in upgrading their communication tower, mobile system and he told me Maxis Data Plan has a more comprehensive future planning with one of them being the separation of phone and data. It means broadband data will be aired separately from phone and it promises a more faster connection, that's what he told me. I even know about the YTL Broadband few months before launching.

No comments:

Update of Me

Time has passed since I last visited. I've been so preoccupied with other things that I've forgotten about this blog. Many things ha...