It's November 2018 and this is my first post this year as I am concentrating on another project which is my .com. Well, I do love writing which is why I still keep this blog for my international friends as my dot com is written purely in my native language plus some mix english. This of course is something that we always use during our daily work and life, mixing some english words with our mother tongue.
As it is near the end of the year (minus December), here are some big things happening not only to me but also the surrounding and the country.
So, in no random order I present the list:-
1. Our government changes for the first time since 1957. To be honest, I still could not familiarize the names and faces of the ministers, let alone the deputies and Chief Ministers. Only some familiar names which was previously attached under the previous government and familiar figures who had made themselves presence as the Opposition before. It's something new not only to me but also to most of my friends. Maybe a few more election cycle will familiarize ourselves with government change.
2. Travelling outside Malaysia. I have travelled outside Malaysia before and this is the first time bringing my family along. Hope for the best. Pray for the best. And it won't be the last as we will again travel outside Malaysia next year.
3. The Note 9. First time doing pre order and the excitement of getting the item far exceed using it. Most say that it was a good device with good camera and battery life, but as I said earlier, the excitement of pre-order far exceed the excitement of using the Note itself. Maybe it will be a good 2-3 years before my next pre-order as I see this Note 9 as something that can be used quite a long time.
4. Finally finish writing my PhD thesis. Now waiting for the management to endorse the selection of examiners. It can easily go three months for the endorsement as I had made some technical mistake twice which resulted in a redo for my submission form.
5. New big inverter refrigerator. Finally after so many years using a small fridge, finally had the monetary resources to buy a bigger one. Goodbye Panasonic for your loyal service of 10 years and welcome Hitachi. The best thing is I got to stock up many fruits and still had a lot of spaces left for other things. The other good thing is I am seeing decrease of my monthly electricity bills. This may due to the inverter technology used by Hitachi. Proof where inverter saves the bill.
6. Lose weigh. Well, until now I had lost almost 28 kilos since March 2018 and still losing. How did I do it? Calorie reduced and exercise. Well to be honest, exercise is my passion and I love sweat and workouts but due to a heavy body before, I always got injured. Now, with an almost ideal weight (still far from ideal actually), I can do lotsa thing such as jogging, cycling, strength and more. Morever, my shirt size had decreased dramatically from 3xl or sometimes 4xl to just L or M. My office attire had a mixture of M and L. Same goes to my tshirts. My pants waist is now 36 or 37 from the large 46. Now I do shop for beautiful clothes. I still have another 10 kilos to lose. And after that is the maintenance part.
7. Bought myself a new Honda motorbike which has bigger engine than my previous ride.
8. Managed to get my wife working out with me and now she too is slowly losing her weight. Healthy life.
9. My Mother In Law passed away after suffering from stomach cancer. Diagnosed with stage 4 cancer few weeks before last Christmas. Did not do any hospital treatment until August. One thing for sure, please go to the hospital to have treatment, traditional medicine do not work especially in stage 4 cancer. I see it in front of my eyes.

No comments:
Post a Comment